History of the Unversity
The school was originally named Lumbatan Farm School in Lumbatan, Lanao del Sur with American S/Sgt. Ed F. Smith as Head Teacher. It was later converted into a high school known as Lumbatan Agricultural High School after the inauguration of the Philippine Assembly on October 16, 1907 in pursuance to the Phil. Bill of 1902. Immediately after the enactment of the Jones Law on August 29, 1914 by US Congress, the curriculum of the school was modified. It then offered complete secondary agricultural level. The medium of instruction and communication used was English because the teachers were all Americans. Mr. Clynton C. Douglas was the first Head Teacher and after a year he was replaced by a Filipino educator named Mr. Bernardo from Bacolod, Lanao del Norte.
In 1947, the school under the leadership of former Congressman Manalao Mindalano was transferred to Malabang, Lanao del Sur. It occupied a portion of Malabang Pilot Central School. In June 1953, then Congressman Mohammad Ali Dimaporo passed a bill seeking the transfer of the school from Malabang, Lanao del Sur to Karomatan, Lanao del Norte (now Sultan Naga Dimaporo, Lanao del Norte) particularly in Ramain Valley. The newly transferred school was a land donated by the prominent native Iranuns of Karomatan, Lanao del Norte. In 1969, pursuant to RA No. 5507, the school was converted into a college known as the Lanao del Norte Agricultural College. However the first college curricular offerings started in 1971.
In 2001, through the BOR Resolution No. 11-A, s, 2001 and pursuant to RA No. 8292 otherwise known as the Higher Education Modernization Act of 1997, mandating all CHED-supervised institutions to be integrated to nearby University, the Lanao del Norte Agriculture College then was integrated to Mindanao State University System and become MSU-Lanao del Norte Agricultural College.